APPLY TO LPI
Please note: No previous leadership or volunteer experience is required to apply, and you DO NOT have to be nominated to apply. The questions herein are intended to help us assess how best to manage and customize the learning experience for our participants. We strive to have well-rounded classes that balance emerging leaders with experienced leaders. A lack of formal leadership training, education, volunteer service, or experience does not mean that you will not be accepted and should not deter individuals from applying.
Individuals selected to be part of the Institute will be notified of their acceptance via email on or before September 12, 2022.
Because tuition in the Institute is underwritten by Waco Foundation and therefore free of cost for our selected participants, applicants are asked to commit to the dates of training (to the best of their knowledge at the time of application) when applying. Up to two excused absences are permitted during the term but will require make-up sessions to meet the requirements necessary to receive a certificate of completion for the Institute. Numerous make-up opportunities will be provided during the term to help meet the 10-module attendance requirement--many different make-up times, locations, and activities will be offered to accommodate varying schedules.
Below are the scheduled events and dates of training for your reference.
· Tuesday, October 4, 2022: Session 1
· Tuesday, October 18, 2022: Session 2
· Tuesday, November 1, 2022: Session 3
· Tuesday, November 15, 2022: Session 4
· Tuesday, November 29, 2022: Session 5
· Tuesday, December 13, 2022: Session 6
· Tuesday, January 10, 2023: Session 7
· Tuesday, January 24, 2023: Session 8
· Tuesday, February 7, 2023: Session 9
· Tuesday, February 21, 2023: Session 10
· Tuesday, October 25, 2022: Class Meet and Greet
· Tuesday, February 28, 2023: Graduation Reception